Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I Want to Live in Pottery Barn Land

Did anyone see that Friends episode where Ross and Rachel become Pottery Barn obsessed? They receive the new Pottery Barn catalog, and needless to say, both of their apartments turn into specific Pottery Barn catalog pages. Except Rachel has to lie about where she got her very authentic apothecary table because she lives with Phoebe who disapproves of anything "commercial."

Well, I thought the episode was hysterical (I'm a huge Friends fan) probably because I could totally relate. And while I know the show was partly making fun of people who buy into the Pottery Barn craze, I can't help but be one of those people. I want to live in Pottery Barn Land!

Where white sofas stay clean...

Where beds are casually but artfully made...

Where less is not more...

Where entryways are inviting...

And where sculptural birds have a place.

While I know that I will never be able to fully live in Pottery Barn Land, I am making baby steps. So much so that I have to now use discretion in order to avoid Pottery Barn syndrome a la Rachel and Ross.

I did recently make one Pottery Barn purchase. Enter Holman Entertaining Shelves. You can order the wine glass shelf or the wine bottle shelf on its own or together as a set. I was in desperate need of a place to put my wine glasses and loved the look of these.

Multiple shelves grouped together look great in a bigger space

They come in espresso stain, antique white, and black.

I love the idea of grouping them in different ways.

And below is what it looks like in real life! I know, it doesn't look nearly as exciting as the pictures above, but like I said, baby steps. Now I just need a few more wine glasses (there was a slight mishap involving some glass shattering), and I think it's time for more wine collecting and consuming!

No comments:

Post a Comment