Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Heart Kate Spade

I first fell in love with Kate Spade when I was searching for china. Picking out china was actually quite the process. To be honest, nothing really excited me until I discovered Kate. Once I saw her china, I started thinking of all kinds of occasions that would call for china. Surely, my husband would be on board with breakfast-on-china Sundays, right?

It all just seemed so me. I liked the simple designs, the more colorful designs, the polka dots, the dragonfly. I finally decided on the "Cypress Point" place setting, "Library Stripe" stemware and "Malmo" flatware. When it comes down it, what can I say, I'm a simple gal. I still dream of dragonflies, though.

What really, really made me fall in love with Kate, however, were shoes. What else, of course?! Last Christmas, I discovered these!


Fiona by Kate Spade in green and turquoise
(they also come in purple and red)

I love these shoes because:


1. They are ballet flats. And not just any ballet flats. They have a sqaured toe and detailing to make them appear as if they are real life ballet point shoes. And what grown woman doesn't secretly wish that she could be a ballerina? Ok, ok, maybe not every woman has that dream, but for some strange reason, I do.

2. The shoe and the bow are satin, which make them extra special for the holidays.

3. They have bows. But not just any bows...present bows!!! I love that these shoes have the stick-on bows that may not normally be considered very sophisticated as far as gift wrapping is concerned, but on a shoe? They couldn't be more perfect.

4. They're the type of shoes you plan the rest of your outfit around.


So, I saw these back in December and thought they were great. I even started picturing myself in outfits that I could wear with them to holiday parties. Now, I don't usually have tons of parties to go to around Christmas, but maybe if I had these shoes, I would be motivated to find parties. Or maybe I could throw my very own party.

Outfits that I dream of wearing with the shoes...

Bling-button cardigan, J. Crew
Tissue garland tank, J. Crew
Martin straight leg crop pant, Banana Republic
Lustrous box clutch, Forever 21
Strawberry cheesecake necklace, Anthropologie


Black cashmere turtleneck, J. Crew
Modern slim jeans, Ann Taylor Loft
Eila necklace, Anthropologie
Every angle post earrings, Anthropologie


This outfit really needs a colorful satin clutch for another pop of color. What do you think?


And for a fancier affair...
Suzi Chin Maggie Boutique ruffled taffeta dress, Nordstrom
Must love dots bracelet, Kate Spade
Pearl jewel box earrings, J. Crew

Well, after the holiday season, I put these shoes out of my mind and moved on to other things. I mean, I wasn't really in the market for turning my feet into presents...unfortunately. But now they have popped back in my mind. On sale! Making them sixty dollars. Probably still a little too much for shoes that I only picture myself in for make-believe holdiay parties but I'm keeping my eye on them. (I need a size seven if anyone is offering!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the shoes! Get someone to go in half-sies with you and share them! $30 is a steal!

    ReplyDelete